Flash Required to view this area.

WELCOME!

Thank you for taking the time to check out my little photography site. I have been a photographer for years, but now I find myself working in a library. It sounds strange, yes, but what I am doing is helping create digital archives. Makes more sense now. Right? On this site I'll share with you images, and stories about the people, places and memories that go along with these images. I hope you enjoy the time you spend here.

8.26.2010

Notting Hill

If you've looked through previous posts on this blog you'll notice that I try to make my sessions personal, incorporating special elements that are unique to the person I'm photographing. For example, returning to the sites of Sarah and Brandon's first date, Missy and Johnny's engagement, or just hanging out with Teresa and Richard. Remember Ashleigh wanted to do something like that final scene in Notting Hill? Well, there is a bit more to it than simply picking out a cute pose. One of the reason's that movie is so special to them, is that it was the first movie that Ashleigh and George saw together. Years later, when George came to visit Ash in England, the made a special trip to that area, as sort of an homage to that date.

After hearing that sweet story I thought it would be wonderful to build the entire theme of their session around this theme of Notting Hill. The challenge is to create the look and feel of a quaint London neighborhood here in Lexington, Kentucky. Not that my town isn't quaint, but it's also not England.

Ashleigh and I kicked around a few ideas and thought perhaps a picnic, then maybe wondering the Gratz Park area. The whole plan sounded perfect. Besides, I fully support any suggestion that also incorporates food in my sessions. Remember for Sarah and Brandon, we went for ice cream. ☺

So on a beautiful sunny morning, I got to join Ashleigh and George for a little Sunday brunch.





Ashleigh picked all the perfect details to make it really a special time for the two of them and not just a photo shoot.


I still have many more to share, but this will have to do for now. Remember I'm supposed to be on a break. (ha! yeah right.)

2 comments:

  1. Today is our anniversary! You couldn't have given us a better gift. Thank you Crystal!
    Love, Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You (once again) made a special time in our lives even more special with your beautiful art. I love these pictures. George and Ashleigh are 2 beautiful people who share a very special love that is instantly recognizable. You have the ability (and the closeness) to capture that on film and that's what makes all the photos you take so meaningful, so intimate, so personal. You're amazing, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive